Characterisation of water sorption cycle in hydrates of controlled oxide composition
ESR: Monisha Rastogi
Host: HTC (PhD awarded by EPFL)
Start date: January 1, 2018
The objective is
- To characterise the first two cycles of hydrate drying, rewetting and subsequent storage by Maruyama’s length change method, by gravimetric uptake and by environmental scanning electron microscopy to augment and cross check against the 1H analyses in Projects 4 and 5.
- Month 12: Shrinkage methods of Maruyama made available;
- Month 21: Initial results on C-S-H at standard composition obtained;
- Month 30: Results on C-S-H as a function of CaO to SiO2 ratio complete;
- Month 39: Systematic study of hydrates with different oxide mixes complete.
- 4 months at EPFL: Training in research methods and techniques; start month 1.
- 2 months at EPFL: Training in research methods and techniques; start month 25.