Multiscale modelling of shrinking C-S-H
ESR: Nabor Jiménez Segura
Host: TU Wien
Start date: November 3, 2017
This project has the objectiveto develop a predictive multi-scale poromechanical model establishing a quantitative link between:
- sorption-induced nano-structural processes, such as observed by 1H NMR and modelled by MD simulations;
- and experimentally measured shrinkage/swelling of engineered C-S-H.
Progress of the project
Presentation mid term [PDF]
- Month 12: Multi-scale representation of engineered C-S-H;
- Month 21: Macroscopic characterisation of swelling / shrinkage of engineered C-S-H;
- Month 30: Identification of sorption-induced nano-structural processes relevant for macroscopic shrinkage / swelling;
- Month 39: Multiscale model for upscaling of sorption-induced nano-structural processes.
- 1 month at USurrey: Interact with ESRs 9 & 11; start month 11.
- 4 months at SGR: Macroscopic shrinkage/swelling characterisation of hydrates during sorption; start month 27.